Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Robin's Crock Pot Pot Roast with Too Big Potato :)

Crock Pot Pot Roast

This is the recipe that Robin uses to make pot roast, and then Shepard's Pie with the left overs.

One large pot roast, 6-7 pounds
6 large potatoes, peeled and cut in half
1 pound bag of frozen carrots,
10-12 mushrooms sliced
2 medium onions, chopped
1/2 cup cooking sherry
1/4 cup steak sauce sauce
2 cans beef broth

Brown roast in heavy pan on all sides (about 5 minutes each side)
Remove roast to crock pot
Pour cooking sherry in roasting pan and scrape up all the browned bits from the bottom.
Add to the crock pot along with the beef broth, steak sauce and all the vegetables.

Cook on high for 4-5 hours

Serves 8

3 comments:

TonyM said...

Looks like my kind of meal - I didn't think that there was any such thing as a too big potato!

ShellyH said...

I agree with TonyM! I have a love affair going on with my crock pot! I use it atleast 4 times a week!

grilo said...

We love food, especially cheap food. We too have a lots of free and cheap recipe that user can
make at home. Visit us at http://www.cheap-recipe.com